Royal College of Occupational Therapists Case Study < Major campaign to increase awareness of occupational therapy
- UK-wide media campaign targeting mainstream broadcast and print outlets, focusing on launch day and parliamentary events
- New campaign branding for the Royal College of Occupational Therapists including a new logo, strapline and distinctive colour palette
- Launch of new campaign website with sign up Call To Action (CTA) campaign toolkit, image gallery and media resources
- Twitter stakeholder engagement drive using #ValueofOT
- Regular campaign network e-newsletters with tailored and targeted content
- Suite of visual materials including bold infographics for social media, postcards and posters.
- Prime TV coverage including BBC Breakfast studio interview and outside broadcast; Front page of BBC online news; BBC Wales; and The Wales Report. Over 40 pieces of media coverage secured across the UK including dedicated Guardian supplement; The Scotsman, Sun, Mail online and Western Mail.
- Average of 49% open rate on email newsletters to key stakeholders (20% over industry average)
- Over 72% of social media traffic referred to campaign website
- #ValueofOT hashtag reached 198,000 on launch day, now fully embedded in daily narrative
- 2000+ target stakeholders signed up to pledge their support including government ministers, sector leaders and journalists.
- Occupational therapy service provision included in NHS guidelines